Redalyc and AmeliCA present the Special Program for journals in the In Consolidation Journals AmeliCA Index interested in being evaluated to be indexed in the Redalyc Index of Certified Journals, whose objective is verifying whether AmeliCA journals comply with the editorial and scientific content criteria demanded by Redalyc.
All journals indexed in the In Consolidation Journals AmeliCA Index with at least one-year of uninterrupted publication online may participate.
Journals will be provided with fast and permanent open access to their published contents and their scientific production metadata uniqueness. What is more, Redalyc will enable interoperability between repositories and search engines and, hence, the contents dissemination and discoverability.
Once evaluated, all journals accepted will be granted:
- An Indexing Certificate in the Redalyc Index of Certified Journals for complying with high quality scientific and editorial criteria. As well as a Feedback Evaluation Report highlighting areas of opportunity.
- An RSS feed is provided for each journal to disseminate its content.
- Journal’s visibility and discoverability are increased in the Latin American region and worldwide, through the interoperability with search engines, libraries’ platforms, aggregators, repositories, and directories.
- Metrics on scientific output, co-authorship, and usage are displayed in each home page conveying, in quantitative terms, scientific output by field, institution and country.
- Metadata is distributed to multiple global databases, such as DOAJ (upon request and as added value).
- Journal’s content is published online with semantic headers to be rightly discovered by Google Scholar and Google indexes.
- An OAI-PMH data provider containing the journal’s metadata will be available with a URL base for harvesting purposes.
- Free access to XML Markup System Marcalyc.
- Redalyc leverages the potential of digital publishing with the structured XML JATS in favor of the discoverability of journal’s content, i.e., semantic collections available in Redalyc and Linked Open Data.
- An editorial workflow is available to all indexed journals to get automatically, based on XML, the PDF, ePUB, HTML formats for every article. Both an interactive web article reader and a mobile reader are also available.
All Diamond Open Access AmeliCA journals interested may register via this link https://forms.gle/iDvJDE1PRvTWMX2k8 from the opening of this Call on September 19, and until October 19, 2023, at 23:59 hrs (GTM-6).
You may read the requirements to participate in the Program by accessing the full-text Public Call: